Studio Update and New Paintings

Dear Friends, Family and Collectors,

If you have walked by 11 West Market Street recently, you may have been surprised to see that I am no longer there.

After 7 great years, it was time to move on, and now I am looking for another studio, one which better suits my current needs. My last day was May 18th, 2019.
Landscape I
12" x 16" Oil
SOLD
The following week I drove to Wethersfield, Connecticut, a charming New England town founded in 1637, where I attended a week-long workshop with John MacDonald at the Wethersfield Academy.

It was great to spend a week painting with like-minded artists and to be learning new skills.  The subject was interpreting photographs and other references to create meaningful landscapes.  John is a fantastic instructor and person, and I highly recommend his workshops.

When I returned home, I thought I would be painting en plein air (outdoors) this summer but it has rained and rained and rained.  So, not much painting has happened... yet.  I plan to find a place to set up in July and get back to work.

Other news:  I am participating in the group shows at the ARTS Evelyn Peeler Peacock Gallery at 79 West Market Street.  Currently being exhibited there is my painting, "The Conversation."

"The Conversation"
10" x 8" Oil
SOLD
This week I realized I had not shared my peonies painting which I started last summer, and finished over the winter, before leaving my Market Street studio.     

"Peonies"
16"x20" Oil
SOLD
I remembered as I was clipping the last of this year's peonies from my garden.  It is always a bittersweet day, when I realize peony season is over, but still knowing they will bloom again next year.    

If you are interested in acquiring any of these paintings, please let me know.

As always, I appreciate your interest and support of my work!

Best,
Barbara

Barbara Hall Blumer
barbarahallblumer.com
BarbBlumer@gmail.com
607/368-5732