Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

"Long Lake View" Oil Painting

"Long Lake View"
12 x 24 " Oil
SOLD
Here is another one of my imaginary landscapes.

I drove everyone around me crazy because I kept changing it.

Here is how it looked after the first session.  Too linear.  Too pastel and flat.  Sort of reminded me a giant caterpillar.
Then I created center for it. To try to break it up.  And add layers of hills as we have around here.

Then I focused on light coming from behind the imaginary bluff and warming the other side.

And that's the mood I settled on.  And then kept working on the size of the bluff, and the light and shadow of the water.

I won't bore you with all the other variations.  But I counted them.  There were 15 separate days of messing with it.

Now I hope it finds a new home, so I don't un-frame it and start to change it again.

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment