Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"Evening Cloudscape" Landscape Oil Painting

On my easel a few days ago

This is a painting that has gone through many iterations.  I started it as practice in making clouds using a demonstration by the artist, Hugh Greer.  He used acrylics.  I was using oils.

I kept his lone tree, but turned mine into a more appropriate landscape of our area, as if I were looking down on the bluff at the lake, through a field of corn, perhaps in August.  And a little rain falling out of the clouds.

This is what it looked like before I changed its mood and setting:

Before I changed mine
His

I am okay with where it is now.  I learned a lot and like it much better than when it was more like his.  

BHB


No comments:

Post a Comment