Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"The Three Cows" Oil Painting

"The Three Cows"
8x10" Oil
AVAILABLE


Summer is just around the corner here.  So, I felt like painting something summery.  Saw these cows last June when visiting the peony farm up north of Penn Yan, here in the Finger Lakes.

I painted it over the top of an old painting, so there is a lot of texture in the surface.  And I wanted to try this unusual composition (trees in the middle) and a high key (i.e., very light) color palette to see if it would work, especially with a black cow smack dab in the middle.

The three cows are very different from each other but clearly spend time a lot of time together.  Doing whatever cows do.

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment