Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, April 14, 2017

"Ode to Buechner" Oil Painting


"Ode to Buechner"
12 x 9 Oil
AVAILABLE

We took a week of vacation and when we returned one of our onions had sprouted.  It reminded me of the late Tom Buechner and how he would paint still lifes of onions and potatoes in various stages of sprouting.

So I decided to set up a still life in my studio and paint our onion as an "Ode to Buechner."  It is hard for me to believe that he has been gone now for almost 7 years.

It is was fun to paint the onion and think about what Tom would say about it.  He wasn't one to mince words.

I put it in the studio window yesterday when I finished it.  Then a painter-friend came by with a box of frames he was giving away because he is moving to sunny New Mexico.  Luckily, one was the right size.

Here it is sitting on top of the frame because the painting is still wet.  I think it makes it look even more like an ode to Buechner in this style of frame.

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment