Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, March 13, 2017

New Infinity Mirror Rooms Exhibit by Yayoi Kusama

Need to escape reality? Step into infinity with Yayoi Kusama image
87 Year Old "Polka Dot Artist" views Art as Medicine

Need to escape reality? Step into infinity with Yayoi Kusama: At the Hirshhorn Museum, visitors are lining up to experience Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama's world of whimsy, color, shapes and a peek into the beyond. Jeffrey Brown tells us why this new exhibit is currently the toughest ticket in Washington, D.C.  It is there until May 14, 2017.

I discovered this "Infinity Mirror Rooms" exhibit on the PBS Newshour last Friday, and now have it on my must-see list.

Luckily it is traveling to

  • Seattle  June - Sept 2017
  • LA Oct 2017 - Jan 2018
  • Toronto  Mar-May 2018
  • Cleveland July - Oct 2018

So I hope to see it in Toronto or Cleveland.

If you haven't heard about her, the video explains her fascinating work.  Click on the link above to go to the short video.

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment