Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Quiet River" Oil Painting

"Quiet River"
12 x 24 inch Oil

This is my last painting of 2015.  I completed it a few weeks ago--- just before taking time off for the holidays. I had almost forgotten about it which is the sign of a good mental vacation.

It is a bigger painting but not too big  --- 12 x 24 inches.  I enjoyed the enlongated horizontal format which I think supports the feeling of being on the river at sunset.  

Now looking forward to 2016 and trying out some new ideas which have been percolating...

Happy New Year!

BHB

1 comment:

  1. I love it. The orange is at once completely surprising and completely integral. A success.

    ReplyDelete