Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"Spooky Rockwell Study"


"Spooky Rockwell Study"
8x10 Oil
SOLD

The Rockwell Museum is a landmark in our town.  It is the Old City Hall.   A friend of mine captured it at night with a spooky sky, using her cell phone after dinner one evening.

I used her photo so that I could try a night painting where the light comes from sources like street lamps and/or the moon.  Plus I have never painted a complicated building like the Rockwell.
After a hour or so.  I used a bright teal-toned panel.  

The painting is intended to be very loose.  I completed it over a day or two.  I played with creating the spooky sky. It was fun.  Like a big puzzle to solve.

The painting holds together pretty well.  Now I am considering whether or not to paint a larger version.

I definitely enjoyed painting a night painting, and will be looking for more night subjects to paint.

BHB

(click here to read about the building's history:  http://rockwellmuseum.org/visit/cornings-old-city-hall/)



No comments:

Post a Comment