Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"Profusion" Oil Painting

"Profusion"
20 x 24 inches
Oil
So here is how the big floral painting looks now that it is completed and framed.  It is large: 20 x 24 inches.   The title is "Profusion."
I was channeling Klimt's landscapes and the peony farm near Hall, New York.  The flower gardens there are in front of an old red barn.  But I was making it up, i.e, thinking about music compositions as I did.  The sunflower is the soloist.  And the other groups of flowers are the various sections of instruments in the symphony.
I utilized the pink background whenever possible --- letting it peek through. When needed, I bought some flowers from the farmer's market one week (for the white ones) and sunflowers from Wegman's another week.
Here it is in the window so that people walking by can see it.  It is a cheerful painting.

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment