Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

"Radio Flyer" Oil Painting

"Radio Flyer"
8x10 Oil

My landlord has reassured me that new windows are on order to fix the incorrectly tinted glass on the one side of my studio, but I will be lucky if I am back in business by the end of the month.
So, I decided to paint under the fluorescent light on the "good" side of my studio and see what happened.

"Radio Flyer " is a quick and loose painting which I sketched on Tuesday afternoon and completed on Wednesday.

I have been feeling nostalgic lately.  I used a photo I took at the 1000 Islands where my husband's family has a cottage.  There are signs of play all over the front yards there.  Usually left like this when they've gone inside to take a break.

It felt good to have something new to put in the window.  (When the painting dries, I will frame it. )

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment