Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, October 6, 2014

"On the Road Again" Oil Painting

"On the Road Again"
14 x 18 Oil Painting

Spent a nice weekend in my studio and enjoyed working on this painting while talking with friends and visitors.  Lots of people were in town for the Wineglass Marathon.   The finish line is right outside my window, so we have a great view and enjoy cheering on the runners.

For this painting, I used a Persian Pink background and left lots of it showing.  And kept the colors bright (high chroma) ---

and the painting very loose.  So loose that it makes me nervous  --  I don't want it to look unfinished.

Wanted to provide the least amount of information as possible and still have it look believable and interesting.

BHB



No comments:

Post a Comment