Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"Pretty in Pinks" Oil Painting

"Pretty in Pinks"
24 x 32 Oil

"Pretty in Pinks" is now finished and hanging in my studio awaiting a new home.  It took me quite a few iterations to complete it.

It is larger --24x32-- one of the biggest I have painted so far.  I used a reference of floral arrangement in our kitchen, prior to its renovation.  We had an antique sewing table and ladder-back chairs in front of a window with a light overhead.   This floral arrangement was a take-home gift from an event we attended, and the tulips opened and stretched in different directions, creating interesting shadows on the sewing table.



This free tube of Persian Rose was the inspiration to challenge myself to make a painting based on pinks; hence, the name, "Pretty in Pinks".

BHB


No comments:

Post a Comment