Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Where have you been?

My aunt's stool and a landscape I've started

I have been getting lots of questions:  where have I been and what am I working on now?

Well, I wish I had more to show but I have been busy doing other things --- which I also enjoy --- like traveling to see family and friends, doing genealogy research, and catching up on my food blog, Feast Everyday.

In addition, I have been helping my cousin clean out and sell our elderly aunt's condo in Pittsburgh.  Very time consuming.  And you can't help but think about your own mortality and the meaning of stuff (and how we are often weighed down by it.)  Nonetheless, my studio has benefited by getting this cool, adjustable stool from my aunt's office. (see photo above)

I remember the writer, Andre Dubus III, saying that "just because you aren't writing [painting], it doesn't mean you aren't working."  Early on in his career, he was a carpenter to pay his bills and thought about his writing all of the time he was doing carpentry.  So I think (hope) all of these other activities are going to enrich my art work.

We'll see.

BHB








No comments:

Post a Comment