De-humidifier drying out the studio
Last Friday, I discovered that the heating/AC unit had leaked on to the hardwood floors and into my work area, damaging the rug and the canvas panels I had propped up against the wall and creating an awful vomit-like smell upon entering.
Luckily, the water didn't ruin any work that I had completed. Nonetheless, I felt emotional about losing all of the potential work the panels represented. And I was complaining about the disruption. And the smell. It was a mess and I was, too.
Reality check: My damage is a thimble-full compared to what the people in Superstorm Sandy experienced a year ago. Helped me put things in perspective.
Also, my landlord is also being very responsive and sympathetic, which I greatly appreciate.
I was able to salvage about half my blank panels --- and they are the bigger ones. I have been wanting to paint bigger --- so this is going to force me to do it!
I have been procrastinating about ordering storage to get my things up off the floor, and now I will.
Ditto for creating the inventory records and photos of my work that I should have been keeping all along.
Plus I had to clear out that side of the studio, which has really forced me to start anew, with a fresh, clean workspace.
So, there will be many positives in the end --- even though it is a lot of work and is keeping me from painting this week.
I am trying to make lemonade from lemons --- my dad always used to say something like that.