Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, July 15, 2013

"Barn Window" Oil Painting

"Barn Window"
8 x 10 Oil on Panel

This painting was a little wet when I photographed it so unfortunately there is some glare, but it gives you the general idea.

 It was fun to paint the variety of textures -- the red roughness of the barn against the green mound of morning glories, and the hardness of the glass against the softness of the old curtain inside the window.   And to create the warmth of the sun hitting the top of the plant but indicating coolness in the shadows.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment