Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Open Studio

Long Barn Oil Painting In Progress
10 x 28 inches
 
Spent the weekend supporting Glassfest here in Corning.  It was windy and cold, so not as many people as last year --- but I really enjoyed opening my doors to the public. 

I painted while people browsed. 

Here's what I was working on --- an elongated panel--- fairly big --10 x 28 inches --- of a barn with the focal point being the light hitting the silo.  I am using a palette of warm and cool browns, oranges, reds and yellows.  I've started to add color --- the green in the foreground --- but I am moving slowly and using thin layers to see what effects I can create. 

It was fun to meet so many nice new people.  And to chat with friends who stopped by to say "hi."  I appreciated the interest and enthusiasm.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment