Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Anemones I - Still Life Oil Painting

Anemones I
Oil on Panel 10 x 8
 
This week I am putting all my household and genealogy projects on hold, in order to give myself time to focus on painting and photography. 

Thought I'd start by posting the work which I have completed.  This is a still life of anemones (wildflowers) from our garden last fall, in a vase that I bought from a fellow vendor, during my jewelry selling days.  I used to trade jewelry for pottery, and have some nice pieces as a result. 

Although it's not really coming across, I am trying to find ways to personalize what I paint.  And to think about it from the perspective of the viewer. 

B

No comments:

Post a Comment