Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Value Comparison

 
I was closer than I expected on this one

Thought I'd try a new way of looking at my work-in-progress:  compare the painting to my reference in black and white. 

Still have some drawing problems to solve
 
I can see better where I have drawing issues, and as well as opportunities to deviate from my reference.

Don't know why I am procrastinating doing this one
 
I am going to push myself to finish all of these by the 15th.  Sometimes it helps to set a deadline. 
 
This one is fun.  I am looking forward to finishing it.
 
The first part of the basket I painted looks pretty good, so I am just going to go for it. 
 
Looks like a bad hair day, but I think I can make it work.
 
I was going to scrap this one, but now that I see it in black and white I think there are some elements which are working so I think I will try to salvage it.  
 
B
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment