Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, November 12, 2012

"The Bartletts" Oil Painting

"The Barletts"
10 x 8 Oil on Panel
 
 
I think I am done with this painting, which I am calling "The Barletts."  It is the first painting I have ever done where I used charcoal to draw a sketch first. (I usually draw with paint.)  Well, I learned the hard way that you must fix the charcoal and let it dry completely before painting.  I didn't and the charcoal mixed in with my paint and the charcoal drawing still shows through in places, if you look closely.  Nonetheless, I found it more relaxing and fun to paint this way because I had already done the drawing underneath. 
 
Lesson learned:  fix your charcoal drawing and let it dry completely. 
 
BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment