Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Heather Basket Painting in Progress



 
Heather Basket Painting in Progress
10 x 8 Oil on Panel
 
For this painting, I made a detailed drawing in charcoal then fixed it.  It is a more complicated subject than fruits so I drew the whole shebang*.  It might have been overkill but I knew the basket was going to be challenging to paint so I decided to go ahead and figure it all out.  I think it will make painting more relaxing. We'll see. I've never painted a basket before.  There are many changes in direction of light which means the values will change frequently.  So, I have been thinking about how I am going to approach it.

BHB

* This is an American phrase from the 1920's meaning the whole thing, or all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment