Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Apple Stack Painting in Progress

Apple Stack Painting in Progress
10 x 8 Oil on Pa
 
I took a series of photographs of apples as potential still lifes, and chose this stack of three to paint first.  I really struggle with painting apples.  I am not sure why.  But I will keep painting them until I figure them out.  In particular, I find painting red apples the hardest. 

Here's the charcoal sketch.   And the green apple.  I am breaking a personal rule  -- I never paint "the" subject first.  Usually I paint everything together so that the values and colors relate to one another.  But, I wanted to see what would happen if I really zoned in on the focal point first, and then worked backwards. 

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment