Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Anemones Paintings in Progress

 
Anemones Painting in Progress
10 x 8 Oil on Panel

Before we had our first frost, I picked anemones from the garden and set up arrangements to photograph for paintings.  This is the first one I have started.  To my chagrin, I started with a taupe background and then realized that I wasn't going to be able to get a true white.  I think I can make it work if I build up successive layers of white paint.

Sketch for Anemones
 
So, for the the next painting of anemones, I started on a white background and drew a sketch in charcoal then fixed it.  I hope to begin work on this painting this week.  It's larger.  Anemones are actually quite tall. 

BHB

No comments:

Post a Comment