Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Re-visiting "Rays" Landscape Oil Painting

Yesterday I asked my husband if he wanted to see the pond that is in this painting. We were on our way back from Ithaca, so I showed him where to turn off.

Wow, in person, the pond is so different from the photo I had taken and used as a reference. My memory had played tricks on me.

In reality, the pond is quite close-up versus far away. It felt like it was brimming with activity. Perhaps I will paint that feeling someday.

In retrospect, I am glad I choose to focus on the sky and the rays. The sky was just as memorable yesterday as it was the first day I discovered this spot.

This oil painting, "Rays," is currently on display at West End Gallery in Corning.

BHB

From www.barbarahallblumer.blogspot.com, thanks for your interest in my work!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment