Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bye - Bye to "The Grid"

Bye-Bye to "The Grid"

Now that I have a studio space at 11 West Market Street, it is time to give up "The Grid."  That was the project where I painted 8 x 10's to go in "the grid"* at the lake, then gave them away to guests who visited.  It worked really well.  It kept me motivated to paint, and importantly, to finish what I started.   The recipients seemed to enjoy picking out their painting-in-progress and then receiving it when completed.

*The grid is a window grille insert turned sideways and hung on the wall in the guest room at our lake house.

Some of our family and friends will be sad to see it end, but I am ready to paint some of my larger panels --- some are 36 inches wide x 28 inches high --- now that I have the space.  It will be exciting to paint BIG.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment