Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, April 27, 2012

"New Mother" iPainting

"New Mother" iPainting

This is the only iPainting I have done this year, since finishing the 75 iPaintings project last year.  She's not in the book, and she's not the bird below, but I thought I'd show her anyway, since we are at the height of nestmaking here.


Killdeer Bird with Nest -- Look closely under her body and you will see the eggs
As an example, there is a bird who built a nest, with four eggs, in the middle of the driveway outside our storage unit where we've been going to get the furniture for the new studio space.  A Good Samaritan constructed a mini-Stonehenge around the nest to keep cars from running over it.

By BARBARA HALL BLUMER

I completed a Blurb book of my iPainting, called 75 iPaintings, which tells the story of my adventure making them.  You can preview it by clicking above.

And yesterday I ordered Moo.com cards to match.

I will be using my new studio space at 11 West Market Street to have a conversation about them.  What do people think about digital art?

I can explore what's the best way to view them ---digitally on an iPad or big screen?  in book format?  small framed prints?  iPad sized prints?  poster size enlargements?  or none of the above.

One suggestion I have already received is to make a iPad painting version one of my traditional oil paintings,  then print it out the same size as the oil painting and see what people think.  Then, the only variable is technique.  And it would prove how realistic you can paint on an iPad.  Food for thought.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment