Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Observer Opening and I Love My Banner

 Arnot Art Museum -- with glare from the evening sunset

Thank you to everyone who came to the opening reception at the Arnot Art Museum last Friday night!


The banners for our openings (Treacy's and mine) had been hung in the center.  We were both very excited and in awe of our banners.

Food and Drinks were set up in the main gallery
Rick P. said there were about 150 people in attendance.  He and his staff did an outstanding job of creating a warm, and inviting reception. 
Giving my speech in the main gallery  - photo taken by a friend

It was a wonderful evening in so many ways.

I had lots of fun giving away my" Moo" cards --- I had people choose a favorite from the exhibit.  "The Priests" was very popular, and discussed in detail.  (More on that in another post.)

I enjoyed hearing the various impressions, answering questions, and celebrating with those who have been so supportive over the years. 

Cell phone photo Tom took when we were leaving -- Me with my banner and the flowers from friends

Did I mention I have a banner?  I still can't get over it.  Who'd have thought I'd ever have a banner hanging outside a museum.

B

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Barb. It is an excellent exhibit. Totally awesome

    Doug

    ReplyDelete