Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Donation for Red Cross Spring Seasonings Fundraiser

Still Life
10 x 8 Oil on Panel

Today I am dropping off this painting at our local Red Cross office.  They will be having their Spring Seasonings fundraiser on Friday, March 23rd. 

In our area, the Red Cross is in constant need of funding to be ready for the floods, fires and other emergency assistance situations.  It is an important cause to support, by giving blood and money when you can. 

Tried giving blood without much success, so I like to give them something I've made for their annual fundraiser.  I started with jewelry, back when I was doing Two Sisters Studio jewelry, and then moved forward to photography, and now paintings.

I do think it is important to give back, and I do like to use my art work to help when I can.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment