Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, January 13, 2012

"Winter Barn" Landscape Oil Painting

"Winter Barn"
8 x 10 Oil on Panel

Seems appropriate to post this painting today as we are finally getting our first real snowfall of the year.  I finished it earlier this week after working on it on and off last year.  The reference photo was taken last year about the same time last year when I was driving around the back roads.  It was late in the day, as the sun began to go behind the hills.  I was looking for something to paint with snow, because I haven't really painted snow before.  Not sure I captured the actual feeling of being there, but I am satisfied for now.  Time for this painting to find a new home.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment