Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

"The Bluff" Oil Painting from The Grid

The Bluff
8 x10 Oil on Masonite
Back to work again after being away. 

This one is leaving today with our son-in-law who picked it out earlier in the summer.  It's a painting I "freshened" up for him.  I started it a long time ago while out plein air painting around the lake with a group of friends.

From up high on Silsby road, you can see the bluff straight-on where Keuka lake divides into its famous Y-shape.  The Branchport side on the left and our Penn Yan side on the right.  It almost looks like an island from this vantage point.

The Bluff has a mythical mountain feeling which I exaggerated in this painting.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment