Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Grid Update

The Grid at the End of the Summer 2011

In case you are new to my blog and don't know what "The Grid" is, I thought I'd give an update. 

A couple of summers ago, my sister suggested I use a window frame to prop up my lake paintings while they are in-progress.  It's in the guest room.  I expanded the concept to use it as motivation to keep me painting.

I had a habit of starting work but not finishing it.  This project really helps me move forward.

Here's how it works:   If you stay as a guest with us at the lake, then you get to pick your painting-in-progress from the "grid."  You also pick your frame at that time. Then, I finish the painting and deliver it to you.

It just so happens that horizontal 8 x 10" masonite panels fit perfectly in the grid, up to 15.  I am aiming to fill the grid each summer, but I haven't gotten to the goal yet. Too many other fun things going on. But I know it is keeping me painting more than I would if I didn't have the grid project.   

B

No comments:

Post a Comment