Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Red Sun iPainting


Red Sun
iPainting

In this iPainting, I was was experimenting with letting the background color be part of the painting, in the same way that you would use a toned canvas in regular oil painting. 

I chose a very warm rose red for the background.  The sky is a very thin, semi-transparent layer (the dry brush setting in ArtRage)  of the cream color I used in Dance.  The color looks completely different when applied thin versus thick.

The sun was created by using the eraser tool, to let the background show through.  Bits of the rose red also show through in the water and the mountains.

Red Sun reminds me of our trip to Alaska and the view of the shoreline from our ship.  But, it could be anywhere. 

B


No comments:

Post a Comment