Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"In The Park" Painting - In Progress

"In the Park" - In Progress
6x10 Oil Alkyd on Masonite

Right now I have three paintings in the works.  This is one of them.  It is coming along, but placing figures in the landscape is challenging, as is the dappled light in the shadows of the trees and the strong light of the farmer's market tents in the background. I don't have an exact reference.  I have pasted together three photos I took when I saw this scene unfolding in the park. 

Recently I have taken up scanning my panels on my printer.  It's convenient-- great for seeing drawing problems --but as a result, the colors aren't accurate.  In this scan, the colors are too vivid.

B

1 comment:

  1. VERY ATTRACTIVE IMPRESSIONISM ARTWORK! IMPRESSIVE! :)

    ReplyDelete