Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Alla Prima Attempt

Sometimes this is what happens.  You have to wipe off what you painted for the afternoon and you end up with a canvas that still has good colors and will be used for something else in the future.

I made an attempt to paint a female figure in a lawn chair catching rays in just one session, alla prima, which means you paint wet on wet, in full color.  Well, it was going pretty well until I realized I had a drawing problem where her legs crossed and met the lawn chair.  I tried to fix it, and then things got worse, and then the whole thing got out of control.

I am not discouraged.  It was still time well spent.  Someday I hope to be able to paint well alla prima.  You can't get there if you don't try.  Plus I am kind of excited about how the canvas looks now.  I may be able to make it into a landscape or use it to make one of the nocturne paintings I have wanting to try.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment