Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New York City Door

New York City Door

While preparing the Ellis Island studies, I ran across this image from several years ago, during my "digital transition" phase.  I took it during our walking tour of Chelsea Market and the meatpacking district.  The vignetting on the edges of the images was a mistake, part of my learning curve with the new camera.  But looking at it with fresh eyes, it doesn't detract.  Some photographers even add vignetting as an artistic element.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the door and the dormant vines on the railing on the left.

    ReplyDelete