Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Paintings from the Lake - Dappled Path

Dappled Path
8 x 10
Oil on Masonite

I started this painting en plein air and finished it recently.  It is now on its way to our guest who selected it.   It is a path in Penn Yan at the head of the Outlet Trail.  I tried to be very loose.  I had seen a demo by a painter using a very long bristled brush to do a landscape so that it didn't allow you to get too tight.  So, I bought a couple of the brushes he recommended and dabbed away.  I like the effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment