Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Practice: Tulip in a Wine Bottle, and a Pear

8 x 10 Tulip in a Wine Bottle, and a Pear

Reworked this painting from about 10 years ago that was on my shelf. It is a still life from a 171 Cedar Arts class.  Don't have a photo reference,  so it was fun to imagine how the light might fall in the space, and to create a tulip form.  I can see more that I could do, but for now I am satisfied with the practice.

When I first painted it the flower was ill-defined, and the draperies in the background were distracting. The shadows weren't correct, so the pear looked like it was floating. 

before

No comments:

Post a Comment