Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cottage Quiet Book Prototype

Prototype for my new book

Today I finished a 7 x 7 inch square, 40 page, hardcover version of my Cottage Quiet book on Blurb, then ordered one copy, so I can see if I like it or not.  Love the fact that I only have to order one.

I just can't get over how cool the on-demand design and printing process is.  If you want to see a preview of the book --- you can flip through about 10 pages of it and see both the front and the back here at my Blurb page.

I hope the printing is decent!  I am worried that black & white photography won't replicate very well, but I know that photographers are making books on Blurb, so there must be a way.

We'll see.  The book should arrive in week or two.

1 comment:

  1. That really is too cool. I never heard of this till you mentioned it earlier. I have some albums I'd like to get together, but this seems like a much nicer way to go. How long did it take you to put this 40 page piece together? And is it hard to do with the software that is provided? Looking forward to hearing how it comes out. Thanks Doug

    ReplyDelete