Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sky Panel ----

This is another painting I am working on.  I am experimenting with the top piece I cut off the landscape with the barn, now called Turtle Cloud. (see previous post)

So far, I have created the horizontal line of trees in the distance, and added blues to the sky, while letting the underpainting show through elsewhere.  I am debating whether or not to leave it abstract  --- along the lines of "where the earth meets the sky" which has been a theme that interests me ---- or do I develop it into a more traditional landscape.  I could make the foreground a lake, for example.

The way it looks right now reminds me of the still coastal waters in the Florida keys which we saw on our recent vacation.

Suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool Barb. I tend to enjoy the abstract ethereal look at times and this image certainly is going in that direction. Take it where it leads you, but it can go away from traditional and be something awesome as well. Awesome - to inspire awe.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete