Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mitch Albala's Landscape Book

Just finished Mitch Albala's Landscape Painting book today and I highly recommend it.  It is chockfull of good information and photos.  It is for the serious painter, not for a beginner, as he assumes you know the basics.  He writes very clearly, and uses lots of examples of paintings to illustrate his points. He thoroughly covers how he approaches plein air painting.  Which probably why I like the book so much.  It has inspired me, and built my confidence.  By the end of the summer I want to be able to say that I have completed ten plein air studies.  I had wanted to do it last year, to fill up my "grid" at the lake, but it wasn't in the cards, with all that was going on family-wise. This year I hope I will have the time to do it.  Now I have a great guide with Mitch's book. 

It is a large hard cover, very nicely printed book, well worth the money, if you want to paint plein air and landscapes.  A good reference.  I ordered my copy from Amazon.  I haven't seen it locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment