Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Farmstand Flowers

Farmstand Flowers
8 x 10 Oil and Alkyd on Multimedia Artboard

This week I played with this painting.  I started it two summers ago.  It is based on a photograph that I took in 2006 with C and C when we were driving back from PA, and stopped at a farmstand on the backroads.  These flowers were for sale. 

It's on multimedia artboard and I now realize that I painted on the wrong side.  It absorbed the paint like crazy and looked almost like pastels.  Anyway, I first started painting on our deck at the lake, using my vivid oil paints from Mexico.  And it looked like this.

This week I worked on the flowers to create more detail and dimension.  And cleaned up some of the confusion in the background.  And added color to the basket.  I like the bright happy colors of this painting and the unusual composition. I feel like I am in the middle of the bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment