Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Painting in Progress - Oil Cans

Painted with Lin for a couple of hours yesterday --- started this new painting of oil cans. I painted it directly, without drawing first, just wet on wet color, and lost control --- but I had fun!!

My photo reference is very poor. These are old oil cans that I discovered at Tom's parents' summer cottage last 4th of July. We are going back again this year, so I am going to take my paints and start over using the real cans. Plus, I will take better photos.

I am also going to look for a different Masonite board -- I'd prefer a squarer format, more like the boots that are 14x15. This board was 11 x 14. Need some more width.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb, I like the colors in this one. Also like the boots. Awesome you and Lin are painting together.

    ReplyDelete