Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve


Steve's 50th Honey Bear - Belated

9 x 12 Oil on Masonite

Today is my younger brother's birthday. Happy Birthday, Steve! We are only two years apart, so most of my childhood memories include him. He always had honey on his cereal in the morning. So, for his 50th, I started this painting for him but never got it done. That was two years ago! This week I pushed myself to paint the darn label and to finish rendering the bear. I have never painted something semi-transparent before, nor something as tiny and precise as the label. I know I could do better, but I think it is time to be done and send it to him. Now I just have to let it dry and make a few final corrections. Hope he likes it.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday painting.
    It's such a nostalgic treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete