Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Red Wattle Pigs


Love these Red Wattle pigs! When my brother, Ted, wrote about them on his new blog for Long Meadow Ranch today, my thoughts instantly went back to my photo session with them a couple of years ago. So, I dug out these images and played with them in Lightroom.
Originally, I liked this photo because I thought they looked like huge sweet potatoes or yams ---but objectively, there isn't any indicator of scale, so this may just be wishful thinking on my part. In color, you can see their unusual, and actually lovely, red coat.

In black & white, the texture of their coat comes out, but does this image really have anything to say? I like the connection I have to it, but I doubt it really says anything. Net, net it is hard to edit one's own work.




No comments:

Post a Comment