Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Plein Air Season Approaches

Soon, it will be time to start painting outside (plein air) and I am starting to get nervous just thinking about it. This is the only plein air study I have ever done that I enjoyed painting. Probably because it is more of a portrait (of a tree) rather than a landscape. I usually make a mess out of what I am doing when I paint outside ---but this year, I am determined to do better. My goal is to make enough small 8 x 10 landscapes to fill up the empty window frame we turned sideways and hung on the wall in the guest room at the lake. That was C's suggestion when she visited last summer. I think there are 9 slots. I will check this weekend when we go up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment