Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Inertia

I am getting worried that I am stuck in non-painting mode.

And I wonder what inertia would look like, if I could convey it in a photograph.

My energy has gone elsewhere: gardening & chores which peak at this time of year, too many social events, stressful elder care, Tom's pending retirement, my food blog, shopping for a used car, getting weekly acupuncture (new to me) treatments for my allergies, etc.

Wikipedia says: In even simpler terms, inertia means that an object will always continue moving at its current speed and in its current direction until some force causes its speed or direction to change.

I hope I get nudged soon. I will regret looking back at this period and not having done any painting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure inspiration will hit once all the transition becomes exciting! Will look forward to your next work. Maybe you can show Jackson when we visit, he wants to be an artist or a "glasmaker" when he grows up... He has a good mentor in his Grammy.

    ReplyDelete