Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Been Away & First Painting Show

Haven't been able to paint because I have been away for most of the last 3 weeks caring for my mother, as is common, for women my age. I have entertained myself by blogging about her situation, reading interesting novels, and making jewelry when I am at home in between trips. Wondering if this hiatus will set me back in my painting or actually spur me forward once I get back to the easel.

Also while home, I attended an opening of a show where I submitted one of my paintings for the first time. Scary! And exciting.

It was the Women in the Visual Arts show, in a new space at the top of the newly renovated Corning Community College building in Elmira.

It's an impressive old school house.

Here I am next to my painting, which you may have seen in the past, entitled Waiting.

2 comments:

  1. My bet is that the time off will give you fresh inspiration.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, thank you for following my blog and congratulations on having that wonderful painting in the Women in Visual ARts show. Hope your mum is ok and you are able to get back to some painting soon. The purple path I really like.

    ReplyDelete