Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Walker (Previously Purple Path)



Played around with this painting again today, trying to make it in to something. Not sure I improved it. Tried to soften it overall. I am struggling...





I expanded the scratching I did in the forest over the entire surface and




worked on refining the figures so they look like they are moving forward on the path and more natural.


Sometimes I like to review what I am doing in black and white to see if it a color issue or a value issue. Or a drawing issue or a composition issue.



Here's what it looked like before I began...


<

1 comment:

  1. I really like this version of "The Walker". I find myself looking around at it more. The contrast and tone may not be literal but it is more intriguing. I find the tone of the path that is taking them to a tree line that is of similar value very cool. I like the tree line a lot. That is what I like so much about paintings in particular. You can look around at them and the more time you spend looking at a piece, the more things you see in it. They are forever different, looking at them from different vantage points and under different lighting.

    ReplyDelete