Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Winter Barn






Today I wanted to play with Lightroom 2 since I bought the upgrade recently. So, I chose this high contrast, poorly exposed image of a barn in winter, apropos of the recent weather we've been experiencing.

Snow scenes are challenging and I don't have much experience with them. Creatively, I am still not sure which way to go. Not happy yet, and not sure that this image can be salvaged.

But I am very impressed with what can be done in Lightroom 2 without having to leave it to go to Photoshop. And I continue to be amazed with what can be done in the "darkroom" without getting my hands wet.

Here are some of the experiments from today. I am showing several versions along with the original color version here at the end.

2 comments:

  1. These intriguing photos remind me of our barn at Tomales Farm & Dairy. I wonder if you have a photo to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your property has a magical quality about it. I really enjoyed our day together there --taking care of the livestock and then going down the road for fresh oysters --- I'll look to see if I took anything interesting of your barn that day. Of course, there wasn't any snow...

    ReplyDelete