Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Purple Path Painting


Back from a mini-vacation where I had time to do nothing and get some sunshine. What rose to the top of my thinking is the observation that painting and exercising are the two things that I know are good for me but I don't do. So, I've returned with renewed commitment to do a little each day, even though I am rusty at both.

Started this painting a while back using a purple underpainting. Now the path isn't so purple, so I may have to rename it. Any suggestions? Today I painted the dogwalker and dog and everything but the dark forest. Got lost while painting the vegetation on the sides which is evident by the muddy grays and poor strokes. I should have stopped, but we have all been there, haven't we?
Going to let it dry, then we'll see if it has any potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment