Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Photographs are Memory Vessels

One of the aspects of photography that I really love is the way it can take you back to a moment in time. You, as author of the image, can be instantly transported. I like that feeling.
I am going to Montreal this weekend with some friends which got me thinking about the last time I was there, in 2001. It was late summer, pre-9/11. I was still using film back then, and Tom had just given me a new lens for my birthday. So, I had a blast exploring the city with him and my camera. We were staying in the charming old part of the city. I love these images from that trip not only because I think they stand up on their own, regardless of location, but because they take me back to that time and the sense of adventure I enjoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment